We all know IKEA.
We go there to buy furniture, to buy flowers, to eat Kötbullar.
Lots of freelancers and entrepreneurs go to IKEA for something completely different.
Instead of buying office furniture at IKEA and do the “love it or hate it” nuts and bolts assembly, just go do your work in IKEA.
Everything is already there, why bring it home?
The infrastructure is all there:
- Office furniture (tables, chairs and BYOD)
- Cheap & good coffee (unless you favor baristas)
- Lunch and drinks (fries or salad?)
- Free parking space (and lots of it)
- Free Wifi
The long tail advantage for IKEA:
- Visitors/coworkers will often buy something when at IKEA
- Coworkers often start their own office when succesful. Already familiar with IKEA office furniture, buying IKEA becomes a more obvious choice.
- Daily coworking usage can be monitored by IKEA, using the office as a “live lab” with real life situations. Data can then be used for further development of IKEA’s office range.